Love iBlog 2
Great learning, great networking at iBlog 2.
I was fascinated by ways where I can use all these freebie tools such as blog metrics, RSS, Word Press. And the people–kindred spirits, they are! The blog community is a community of practitioners, so passionate about blogging. Real wisdom from the sages and the A-listers.
Here are my striking words from this Summit :
Dean Alfar on Creative Writing Blogging time frame–Remember the past, write today, and do NOTE fear tomorrow (Dean, kudos. You just showed us that a Palanca Award Winner can write a book of 50k words in 30 days, using the blog and this method)
And again from Dean: "How can you grow as a writer if you play in the sandbox of another writer's imagination?"
- Abe O. of Yugatech –Google Ad Sense; highest revenue by a Pinoy problogger–P 85,000/month PER BLOG for independent bloggers ; Blog work–1 to 2 hours/ day, 2 posts per blog
- J. Angelo Racoma of Forever Geek: Blogging can help you find a job, expand your horizons; your blog is your online portfolio. Problogging is just like any career, you can move companies and you can even get pirated.
- Charo Nuguid of the Geekette Speaketh— Metrics, metrics, metrics. Blog viewers are more active on Tuesdays, least active on Saturdays. They read in the morning and clickety-click at night. Internet marketing on Orange and Bronze.
- Marc Macalua of SEO Philippines— marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), keywords, keywurds, keywrds
- Manuel Viloria–self-regulation in blog posts
Missed: All about podcasting. But thanks to Charo N. for the e-mail advice on what this is, and how to do it.
Let's keep the conversation going. Looking forward to iBlog3!