Category Archives: Innovation
The new report is out for the Horizon Project for new media studies: http://horizon.nmc.org/wiki/Main_Page
YouTube, podcasting, Facebook, Google Docs, data mashups, collaboration webs, grassroots video. . .the implication for learning, teaching and creative expressions can be found in the 2008 Horizons Report. Many thanks to Angelo Agujo, Philippine E-learning Society’s Board Member, for leading us to this highly exciting, informative report.
My intuition served me right. I visited iblogph.org on a whim (and why didn’t i put it in my blogroll?). I was pleased to see that plans are now being drawn up for iBlog 3.0 , scheduled this April 2007.
As before, the energetic Ms. Janet Toral is at the forefront of the preparations. iBlog 3.0 will be a two-day affair held over a weekend. The one-day forum last year was way too short, with such a rich opportunity for discussion and idea exchange. So Pinoy bloggers, speak up! What topics would you like to take up during the summit?
Etienne Wenger launches a rich, valuable online resource wiki on Communities of Practice at http://cofpractice-biblio.wikispaces.com/ . Here’s an organic list of what you can find at the link:
General resources for the whole field
- Classics and foundational materials
- Learning and learning theory
- Leadership and community cultivation
- Measurement and outcomes assessment
- Narrative techniques
- Organizational context and sponsorship
- Related fields and literatures
- Unclassified (please use only as a last resort)
- Bibliographies and directories
Specific organizational or cultural settings
- Civic Practices & Settings
- Development (economic, social, and otherwise)
- Open Source Software